Full Time Guide
View our Full-time course guide 2017View
Part-time Prospectus Jan - July 2017
View part-time courses from Jan 2017View
A-Z COURSE LIST
View our 2016/17 CoursesView
An Apprenticeship offers a great alternative to full-time college for many people.
Traditionally Apprenticeship programmes were thought to be only for 16-24, however they are now open to all age groups and Barnfield College welcomes applicants aged from 16-65.
For young adults, Apprenticeships are about a real job, learning work related skills and being paid.
You will receive structured training and support to help gain nationally recognised qualifications.
For those already employed, Apprenticeship programmes offer a way to gain recognition for your current competence and increase your skills to enhance both your current and future job prospects.
Apprenticeships vary in length dependant on the qualification, the level (2, 3 or 4), previous experience and the sector. They are not only a stepping-stone to the career of your choice but are also now recognised as a route to degrees.
The key benefits:
- Employment throughout the Apprenticeship
- Hands-on experience
- Full work related training
- A personal Trainer/Assessor to support you throughout your Apprenticeship
- Enhanced career and progression opportunities
- Development of English & Maths
At Barnfield College, we work closely with over 100 local companies to provide openings for apprentices in both the private and public sector.
We offer apprenticeships in many different sectors, including:
- Aviation Operations
- Business & Administration
- Catering and Professional Chefs
- Customer Service
- Dental Nursing
- Exercise & Fitness
- Health & Social Care
- IT Applications
- IT & Telecoms Professionals
- Spa Therapy
- Supporting Teaching & Learning
- Vehicle Body & Paint
- Vehicle Maintenance & Repair