Barnfield Studio School
Part of the Studio Schools Trust / Network
Would you like to start your own business? Barnfield Studio School can equip you with the skills you’ll need to make a new business venture succeed. The first of its kind in the world, the Studio School caters for budding entrepreneurs aged 14-18 with a range of abilities.
What is Barnfield Studio School?
Barnfield Studio School is a new type of education provision designed to give students a unique learning experience which will equip them with the knowledge, skills and experiences they need to succeed in life and work. Barnfield Studio School offers a practical approach to learning involving enterprise projects and paid work.
As well as undertaking key qualifications including GCSEs in Maths, English, Science and IT, students will also have the opportunity to study vocational options. Choose from Hair and Beauty, Construction, Hospitality and Catering, Engineering, Plumbing or Motor Vehicles.
Why is it different?
• Flexible Holiday Periods
• Real paid work experience
• All students receive their own netbook
• High degree of personalised support
• Emphasis on skills development
• A wide variety of progression routes, including university and setting up your own business
Is it right for me?
• Do you have a ‘hands on’ approach to learning?
• Are you creative and like coming up with new ideas and approaches?
• Would like to spend part of your week working for a real business?
• Do you prefer to learn from a variety of people including teachers, mentors and business professionals?
• Are you interested in working in teams?
If you have answered YES to some or all of these questions, Barnfield Studio School could be the right path for you to take!
Projects that you work on will be designed to develop enterprise skills such as communication, teamwork, creativity, decision making, resourcefulness and confidence building.
Click here to visit our dedicated Barnfield Studio School site and find out more. Alternatively, click on the logo below.